If you have children and don't know what to do during long school holiday breaks we`ve made a selection of various fun places that your children will like and hopefully it will make your life easier and their happier. If you have a suggestion for family entertainment in London please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Archway Leisure Centre - (Sports Centre and swimming pools) - Archway has a fun leisure pool with a wave machine, water run, water jets, spa pools and water slide.
- Art 4 Fun - (Children creativity at its best) - This is a contemporary shop where you create your own original designs by painting onto a ceramic, wood, glass, paper,silk or fabric item of your choice,or make a mosaic.
- Buzz (The) - (Children Indoor Centre) - The buzz holiday programme has been running for over 15 years offering quality affordable activities for under 11s in a safe friendly environment run by fully qualified professionals.
- Chelsea Sports Centre - (Sports Centre and swimming pools) - Includes swimming pool,A.S.A. swimming courses, fitness classes, gym,personal training,running club,sports hall,therapy room, badminton, five-a-side football, basketball, table tennis, children's activities and a outdoor floodlit multi-sports area.
- Children's Indoor Adventure Playground - (Indoor Adventure Centre) - Plenty of activities offered to young ones.
- Circus Space (The) - (Learning programme) - Providing opportunities for people aged 8 18 to stay fit through unusual and exciting activities. Discover new talents, explore existing ones and take the first step towards professional training in the circus arts.
- Clown Town London - (Childrens Indoor Adventure Centre) - Consists from Main Area, Toddlers Area and Crawler Area.
- Coffee and Crayons - Coffee and Crayons is a new child-friendly cafe offering a unique environment particularly for those with children. They pride themselves on great quality fair-trade organic coffee as well as smoothies, frappes, milkshakes and a wide range of organic sandwiches and salads, soups, pies, pastries, cakes and ice-cream. They try to cater for children as much as possible and offer a range of sandwiches, snacks and drinks especially for them. They also offer Arts and Crafts for children in their downstairs supervised play area. Parents can relax on sofas with their coffees, read the paper or meet with friends while the children are entertained with painting, colouring, books, toys and games.
- Dormers Wells Leisure Centre - (Sports Centre and swimming pools) - Sports hall, 20m heated indoor swimming pool, Bostons Gym, dance studio, outdoor football pitches and MUGAs (multi-use games areas).
- Eddie Catz - (Childrens Indoor Adventure Centre) - Different play areas for babies and todlers, for over 3`s, for 5 to 10 and even parents where they can enjoy a good cup of coffee and browse through the newspapers.
- Esporta at Kingston - (Sports Centre) - This is a purpose built facility catering for children aged from 6 weeks up to the age of 15 years, within this department are a number of areas that cater for specific age groups and activities; Playzone, Artzone and
- Hollywood Bowl - (Leisure Complex)- 26 or more lanes of tenpin bowling, vibrant bars, quality café food and state of the art video games.
- Kensington Sports Centre - (Sports Centre and swimming pools) - Amongst usual sports centre facilites Kensington Sports Centre includes Courtneys Jungle Gym (1 - 8 years) and Courtneys Crèche (3 months - 4 years).
- Ministry of Football - Ministry of Football is an indoor children's football development programme, run by professional coaches in Muswell Hill, N10 1NE. We use dance music and small-sided games to produce a positive, friendly learning environment for all abilities aged 3 to 14. www.ministry-of-football.com
- Planet Party at Avenue House (themed children's parties) - with busy parents in mind Planet Party offers a complete children's party service. The experienced and professional team will take care of every aspect of the party from entertainment to party bags. The parties are suitable for children aged 3-8 and there are lots of themes to choose from including Peppa Pig, Mr Men, Superheroes, Hello Kitty and Disney Princesses.
- Revolution Karting - (Go-Karting experience) - 650 Metres of challenging racing on electric karts, reaching speeds of up to 50mph.
- Rowans Leisure - (Leisure Complex) - Includes 24 Bowling lanes, 19 Pool tables, Bars, Giant satellite screens....
- Eddie Catz Wimbledon - (Children's Activity Centres) - Eddie Catz is an adventure playground for children of up to 10 years of age. Catering for private parties of up to 30 guests is available upon request and there is a cafe on site serving hot food and a selection of drinks.
- Timbuktu Adventure Playground - (Adventure playground) - Adventure Playgrounds are open to children and young people aged 5-14 and can offer plenty of fun and excitement. All playgrounds now have indoor facilities where children and young people can relax, talk to their friends or take part in other activities like arts and crafts.
- Topsy Turvy World - (Indoor soft play. It has the ultimate jump, tumble, slide and fun, play system) - The place itself is very well organised, with plenty of activites for kids. We personally like it because once you bring your children here and take off their shoes they will leave you alone for at least couple of hours.
- Arts Depot Theatre - artsdepot is the only professional arts venue in the London Borough of Barnet and is committed to providing a diverse range of high quality visual and performance arts for everyone.
- Ashcroft Theatre - Large repertoire at this venue.
- Chicken Shed Theatre - In 1974 Mary Ward and Jo Collins first met and began to pour their energy and vision into this remarkable Company. They started, using an old chicken shed as premises, with a basic belief that the performing arts should be open to all. It is that guiding principle which has driven the company forward and enabled it to embrace performers from all backgrounds.
- Churchill Theatre Bromley - Opened on 19 July 1977 by HRH The Prince of Wales, the Churchill Theatre quickly established a reputation as a leading producing theatre. The Churchill Theatre creates its own productions, receives touring productions and hosts local amateur companies.
- Half Moon Young People's Theatre - Half Moon Young Peoples Theatre aims to produce and present professional theatre for and with young people that informs, challenges and shapes their artistic potential, placing these creative experiences at the core of our policies and practices.
- Jacksons Lane Theatre - Jacksons Lane Theatre is housed in an imaginatively converted listed Edwardian church in Highgate. It contains a 167 seat theatre host to many dynamic and innovative fringe performances, an 80 capacity dance studio, a stunning spring-floored dance rehearsal studio, two activity rooms and a foyer space also housing a cafe and bar. They offer over 60 activities a week ranging from acting workshops to African drumming, flamenco to circus skills plus a wide range of children's theatre and workshops.
- Karamel Club (The) - Set amongst the culturally rich and diverse creative communities of Wood Green's Cultural Quarter, the Karamel Club aims to be a prominent platform in North London for experimentation, inspiration and cultural diversity in the arts, in an atmosphere that is welcoming, dynamic, accessible and enjoyable.
- Lauderdale House - Lauderdale House is an arts and education centre
based in the beautiful Waterlow Park. We run an extensive programme of performances, workshops, outreach projects, classes and exhibitions.
- Little Angel Theatre (The) - In 1961 a troupe of enthusiastic puppeteers under the leadership of South African master, John Wright, found a derelict temperance hall in Islington and transformed it into a magical little theatre, specially designed for children and for the presentation of marionette shows.
- North London Baby Massage and Baby Yoga - They have on offer a wide range of baby massage and baby yoga classes to suit new mums and dads all over North and North West London including Finchley Central, Totteridge, Borehamwood, Edgware and Golders Green. So come and have some baby fun and join one of our baby classes today.
- Puppet Theatre Barge (The) - The first performance on the barge was presented in 1982. Described as one of London's more elusive treasures, it is an established 50 seat theatre with comfortable seating and all modern facilities and is unique. The theatre presents
marionette and rod puppet spectacles throughout the year.
- Tricycle Theatre - Since it opened in a converted Foresters Hall in 1980, the Tricycle has become one of Londons most respected and loved theatres. It produces a challenging and innovative programme of theatre, cinema and visual arts.
- Unicorn Theatre - Unicorn Theatre is one of the leading producers of professional theatre for children in Britain. Founded in 1947, their mission is to create amazing shows for children which are fun, challenging and exciting shows which rise to the challenge of a childs imagination.
London attractions | London sightseeing map | When to visit London | Where to stay in London | London hotels | Airport transfers | Outside London | London museums | London shopping | London theatres | London galleries | London markets | London parks | Events in London | London 4 kids | London restaurants | Useful tel. numbers | Gay London | London transport | London nightclubs | Cheap Hotels in London